Just like the Little Engine That Could, I took on Spring Break with confidence and energy. Ahhh… time away from teaching and I’m having a very productive week. Closets cleaned, drawers organized, flip-flops color coordinated, and even time spent writing.
I went out on a limb today and sent a few of my songs (after quite a bit of editing) to the Bobby Bones show in Nashville. While they may feel that my talent (or lack of) can only be used to line the bottom of a birdcage, I’m hopeful for constructive criticism at the least. At most I would love for one of the songs to be passed on to an interested artist, who might in turn want to use the lyrics. If you want to make things happen you have to make them happen. Or famous words by Napolean Hill – Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Bobby Bones radio show here are a few facts:
- Bobby is accompanied by ‘a bunch of friends’. This includes Amy, Eddie, Ray, Lunch Box, and Nada.
- At present the show comes from Nashville and can be heard in most cities around the country.
- The Bobby Bones show is brought to us by iHeart Media.
- All members of the show support the premise of #pimpinjoy. This phenomenon has raised a great deal of money for St. Jude, veterans, to name a few. It also encourages a positive mental attitude, acceptance, and appreciation among people… for all people. Not a show airs without the mention of people doing nice things for other people.
- Other phrases include FIGHT, GRIND, REPEAT and Everyday Is A Good Day!
- While the show’s format is primarily Country, Bobby and his co-hosts embrace all types of music. One of my favorite segments remains The Friday Morning Dance Party. When we don’t go to Friday Mass you can find my third graders dancing like crazy at 8:00am. We even got a shout out from Bobby!
- I believe the show celebrates its fourth year on March 16, 2017.
- Bobby has written an inspirational book titled Bare Bones. It is certainly worth reading.
Here is a link to the show to learn more. The Bobby Bones Show
Final note: To my blog followers- I know this post appears to have nothing to do with cars. But it does. My goal is to some day write full time focusing on my blog, young adult fiction, etc. Hopefully this passion will continue to have an automotive slant and pay off monetarily.
In my own unique way I will continue to try and make positive changes in my life. Hopefully theses changes will have an impact on others. I look forward to what lies ahead!
If you have an opinion about sending my songs to Bobby and his friends… I would love to hear it. However you may have more to say about the color coordinated flip-flop collection.
Thanks for reading.